Wanna know a little secret about most hitch locks?
They're pretty worthless.
If you spent $30-60 on a hitch lock, you probably haven't bought that much protection.
If you want to see virtually every type of hitch lock being defeated, watch this video:
There's only one type of lock we trust on our RV:
The Megahitch Lock "Coupler Vault" PRO
It's the latest generation of the toughest lock we have ever seen and it's the only one we sell.
The PRO is improved over the previous version in several ways:
Fits better on the coupler
- Has an improved cam lock on the underside to resist thieves with chisel or hammer
- Stronger - the new "tab and slot" design strengthens the entire vault
Built with tapered steel security rings - which encase the carriage bolt and cam lock to make a criminal’s tools slide out of position
- 25% lighter weight
- Resists scratching - with a textured powder coat finish
Available in silver/gray.
Includes all the hardware to support both 2-5/16" and 2" hitch balls.
Installation is easy, requiring no tools. Comes with two keys.
This excellent lock is made in the USA.
Important fitment notes:
- Because it requires access to the hitch coupler, this lock won't fit on trailers with Hensley or Pro-Pride hitches, unless you first remove the hitch head.
- The normal position of this lock is hanging downward at about a 45 degree angle. It isn't intended to stick straight out.
- If you have a vintage trailer with a snub-nosed Marvel coupler and 2" ball like this: side view, top view the Megahitch is not likely to fit.